Monday, May 12, 2008

Kentucky Derby Day

Okay, we are usually about a week or so behind on the blogging so here are a few pictures from Derby Day last Saturday. Yes, we love to watch the horses, but were very sad for the poor philly Eight Belles. Kennet and I thought it would be fun to make Mint Julips for the race...see below. I thought I really liked them until I gave one a try...GROSS!!!!!!!! I got them confused with mojitos (which have rum and are really good). Mint julips have bourbon apparently and are disgusting. But, here is Kennet making them and having fun with it anyway!

We'll get some Mother's Day pics on in the next day or so...have to get them off the camera!


2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm totally with you on the Mint Juleps, had one in Louisiana. BAD! I thought I was getting something green and frothy. Now I know how those southern women take the ridiculously hot, humid weather down there. They're drunk all the time! p.s. Love Kennet's shirt!

Harris Hooligans said...

Kennet makes a fine Mint Julip, even though I had never had one before. As far as I can tell Makers makes any drink good.